Lavender Hill Cemetery is so-called because lavender was once grown in this area. Lavender Hill Burial Board was set up in 1871 and the 9-acre cemetery was opened in 1872 on part of the Hundred Acres which belonged to the parish. There are two mirror-image chapels, one Anglican and the other Nonconformist, and a stone lodge on the main entrance on Cedar Road which has stone gate piers and wrought iron gates. The western Non-Conformist chapel later became a store. The original layout cost c. £9,000 and had serpentine walks and roadways. The cemetery was enlarged in 1897 by a further 3 acres, and has since been further enlarged. To the north the cemetery becomes a more open area with some trees planted and more recent burials. It is now under the administration of the London Borough of Enfield.